Music — Robin Wils's website
Last modified: Mon, Aug 15, 2022
Music an artform. It is often underappreciated as people tend to listen to the radio instead of seeking out the music which they actually like. Most artists steal from others. Although it might not seem like that. I would recommend to listen to “Your Favorite Band Sucks” to get a more realistic perspective about popular bands.
I do not agree with everything they say. Not all of their arguments are valid, but some are. Idolizing musicians is odd. They are humans, which you often know barely anything about. Separate the art from the artist. The world of music is similar to the world of art. It is widely influenced by money. Luckily, there are people which don’t do it purely for the money.
Music Ι enjoy
Music used in movies is sometimes incredibly great.
- Twin Peaks soundtracks (is in my horror playlist)
- Horror movie soundtracks (YouTube Playlist)
- Serial Experiments Lain soundtrack (YouTube Playlist)
I haven’t studied or researched music. I just mention the music which I enjoy.
- Johann Sebastian Bach
- Achille-Claude Debussy
I am aware that “The Caretaker” isn’t really classical music, but I think that people who enjoy classical music might enjoy it as well.
- The Caretaker
- Pink Floyd - A well-known band. I do not think there are many bands which are as great as them. I do not like all of their albums. Personal favorites: Wish You Were Here, The Divison Bell, Animals, The Dark Side of the Moon, A Momentary Lapse Of Reason, The Wall, The Final Cut, Meddle, Atom Heart Mother, Obscured By Clouds,…
- King Crimson - Islands is the album I like the least. Some favorites: Red, In The Court of the Crimson King, Discipline, Lizard, In the Wake of Poseidon, Beat, THRAK, Three of a Perfect Pair,…
I do like hip hop, but Ι do not tend to actively listen to it anymore. It isn’t as enjoyable to me as the music listed above.
Some artists of strange music:
- Krizz Kaliko
- The Jokerr
- Tech N9ne
Nerdcore hip hop
Nerdcore is music made by people who call themselves “nerds”. It is often hip hop, but not always. To me Nerdcore is not a genre, but a culture. Nerds have been in hip hop before the term “Nerdcore” was used. Some artists claim that the term was created because the hip hop culture wasn’t welcoming towards nerds.
Great nerds like “Xah Lee” don’t base their entire identity around being a nerd. Their interests are broad enough to not have to label themselves as “nerd”. In fact they often dislike a big part of nerd culture. Some artists in Nerdcore could persist without that label.
- Schäffer the Darklord (STD)
- Mikal kHill
- Ryako (I have met her)